Routine brake inspections and replacements when needed aren’t just a good idea -- your family depends on you to keep your vehicle in good running order, and good brakes are a critical part of that care. Today’s vehicles are powerful and heavy city traffic requires good brakes.
How can you tell if your brakes might need repair?
- Signs of leaking brake fluid or a low level in the brake reservoir located in the engine compartment
- The emergency brake does not hold
- A scraping or rubbing sound is heard when the brakes are applied
- The car pulls to one side when the brakes are used
- The brake pedal is soft of spongy
- The brake warning light comes on in the dashboard
- The car does not stop quickly when the brakes are applied
Car Care Connection in Saraosta will inspect your brakes and determine if replacement is needed. If they are worn to the point where they need to be replaced, we will:
- The brake calipers containing the pads on disc brakes will be removed and the rotors inspected.
- If the rotors are worn, they can be “turned” or machined to a smooth finish. If this has been done before, we may recommend the rotors be replaced if the remaining rotor depth is too small.
- The brake pads will be replaced and the calipers will be reinstalled on each wheel.
- Drum brakes use a similar process but can take a bit longer to service.
Don’t ignore any of the above brake symptoms -- the safety of you and your family depend on it! Contact Car Care Connection at (941) 924-6199 today if you have any concerns about your brakes.