Nobody wants to spend any longer than necessary getting repairs or body work done on their vehicle. We understand this, which is why Car Care Connection emphasizes thorough repair services within a reasonable time frame. Our goal is to implement a permanent solution for your vehicle and get you back on the road as fast as possible.
Typical Repair Turnaround Times
The average repair task (nationwide) is somewhere around 12 to 15 days, but this includes everything from quick fixes all the way to complex collision repairs. When you wreck your car, if it’s salvageable, it could take a reliable mechanic a whole month to finish fixing it. By that point, you’re probably in warranty territory.
Fortunately, most of our common service tasks have a same-day turnaround time. So, if you visit us for a brake replacement or an oil change, we can handle everything pretty quickly.
Circumstances that Make it Last Longer
Alas, there are difficult circumstances that can extend the time it takes to fix your car. These are just a few factors that could keep your vehicle in the shop longer.
- Tricky Diagnostic Investigations
- You might have noticed that your check engine light can turn on for a variety of reasons. Since that’s the case, it requires us to dig around a lot to pinpoint exact problems. Before we can do anything, we have to take the time to see if it’s trouble with your engine, transmission, catalytic converter, air/fuel system, exhaust system, etc. This process may take longer if the issue is difficult to identify.
- Need to Order New Parts
- Car owners often lament finding out that a specialized part or component is broken because we may have to order parts. Occasionally, this may take a few days if there are shipping delays.
- Other Problems Become Apparent
- Especially with older vehicles, it’s common for us to uncover other serious issues, things that will get worse and become more expensive if we don’t address them immediately. We will, of course, talk with you about additional repairs before doing anything.
Also, many service shops experience labor shortages. So, if you take your vehicle somewhere, and there aren’t enough mechanics, you may have to wait longer than usual to get it back.
Most Lengthy Repair Tasks
As we said, it’s easy for us to do oil changes or brake pad changes quickly. There are, however, some service tasks that take a while. Those include any kind of replacement or repairs on the engine, transmission, spark plugs, catalytic converter, and other major components.