As we know, there is more to vehicle maintenance than solely fueling-up regularly and routine visits to the local car wash establishment. Regularly planned oil changes are extremely important to the overall well-being of your automobile. A consistent oil-change regime fosters smooth sailing…and driving. Clean oil quenches the engine and assists in keeping it cool. Neglecting necessary oil changes can lead to major engine troubles that could cost you a pretty penny to fix. Car Care Connection shares six tell-tale signs to help you recognize when it’s time for an oil change:
1. Simply pull out the dipstick and note where the oil level reaches. If the oil level touches beneath the lower marking on the dipstick, your vehicle might be due for an oil change.
2. The oil appears unusually dark and/or contains tiny fragments of grime. Pristine oil is an amber color. If the oil is a dark brown or black shade, it is time for a change. The same holds true if you see fragments of grime. Polluted oil cannot do its function adequately and you risk harming the engine.
3. If smoke is exuding out of your exhaust, it’s signaling that something isn’t quite right. Consult with a mechanic immediately to assess and address the potential problem.
4. An oil smell inside the vehicle indicates a problem. You may very well have an oil leak that needs to be rectified by a professional in the field as soon as possible.
5. Unusual noises coming from within your engine are most likely an indicator that a part or parts are unsecured and banging haphazardly. There is a risk that metal is rubbing against metal absent of oil that supplies necessary lubrication. Your automobile must be examined by a mechanic right away.
6. When your oil change light illuminates on your vehicle’s dashboard, there is little guesswork in this scenario…come on in and see us!
Our mechanics at Car Care Connection are experienced, knowledgeable, and professional. Your vehicle is in great hands with us when getting an oil change or any other service we can provide for you. We are experts in the industry and look forward to assisting you. Kindly visit us at 6503 Gateway Ave in Gulf Gate. If you have any questions about our services, please call us at 941-924-6199.